James P. Lucking
Before founding Lucking LLC, James Lucking worked for nearly a decade as a litigator in the highly regarded securities litigation group of a top-tier international law firm. Beginning his legal career in 2001, in the immediate aftermath of the dot-com stock market crash, James defended major U.S. brokerage firms in numerous arbitration actions filed by individual investors who had suffered financial losses.
Through his work as defense counsel, James gained an intimate understanding of the securities arbitration process, the variety of potential customer claims, and the strategies brokerage firms use to defend against those claims.
At Lucking LLC, James has turned his focus from brokerage firm defense to the representation of individual investors. His prior experience as defense counsel helps him to achieve the best possible results for his clients.
- Phone 617.903.0750
- Fax 617.910.2475
- 2001-2010: Counsel / Associate, Securities Litigation Group, Bingham McCutchen
- Columbia Law School, Juris Doctor (2001)
- Tufts University, Bachelor of Arts (1998)
- Admitted to practice in Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
- Boston Bar Association, Broker-Dealer Committee Co-Chair